How can a stay-at-home mom help leaders and influencers have more fun, be more productive, and increase their impact?
I made the decision to be a stay-at-home mom while expecting our first child. That was over twenty-two years ago. I remember thinking, this enterprise of running a leadership training and development center… this must be the most leadership-intensive environment in the world.
Determined to hone my leadership skills, I dove headlong into studying and learning from other leaders. I invested in personal and professional development through books, conferences, workshops, and mentors and coaches. At times the journey resembled the trenches. Other times it assimilated a laboratory where growth and learning occurred amidst trial and error.
I observed the cultures created in various business settings and became insatiably curious:
- How did some businesses build cultures founded on the ideals of community, contribution, impact, integrity, and authenticity?
- How did influencers develop leadership cultures which fostered vision, significance, and growth?
- And how did their core values contribute to the legacy of their business? To the personal lives of those who worked there? To customer service? And to their financial bottom line?
- What attributes did the leaders in these businesses possess to inspire their people to be more creative, more ambitious, more solution-oriented?
- How did they empower people and help them grow into their best version of themselves? How did those who led with excellence, handle failure?
- What were the positive mindsets of effective leaders and how was their passion and joy infectious?
- How did they nurture a culture of compassion?
- How did the best leaders create cultures with open, authentic feedback and communication?
- How did entire companies and organizations seem to do work in which everyone had fun and found a sense of fulfillment?
- And how could I emulate them to successfully create an inspiring, passionate, service-minded culture in which we’d live to contribute to a mission larger than ourselves, too?
So many questions.
And such a huge undertaking.
One day, I said to my then-eleven-year old, “You know, people development can be incredibly daunting. The reason this all gets so messy and intense sometimes is because I can’t fire you guys and hire someone new.”
My daughter replied, “Well, there have been plenty of times when the board has wanted to fire you, too.”
Ha! “Fair enough,” I told her, laughing.
Developing those around you to be their best version of themselves is not for the faint of heart.
I noticed that the heroes whose success I wanted to emulate: Jim Collins, Dr. Henry Cloud, Simon Sinek, John Maxwell, Seth Godin, Ken Blanchard, Stephen R. Covey, and many others, all had one thing in common…
Their relentless vision for making a difference in the lives of others had equipped them
with the tools to create successful, authentic cultures of honor in their work and relationships.
And they empowered others to do the same.
And I understood. Developing yourself and learning how to connect with people and serve them empowers you to help people to:
- achieve big, audacious goals
- be leading learners
- deconstruct and reverse engineer success
- contribute their strengths and ideas
- serve generously & foster customer-centric cultures
- challenge the status quo
- have more fun, foster playfulness, and be more creative
- be more empathetic and compassionate
- communicate wholeheartedly
- be better problem-solvers
- and lead with courage and conviction
I wanted to train and develop not only my own four children, but others within my sphere of influence, to lead professionally in their personal and work lives. To be world changers. To find fulfillment and meaning in their work and relationships. To lead with vision. And increase their impact, influence, and income.
I dreamed of helping marriages, parents, organizations, corporate entities, and schools think purposefully about their legacy. About the story they’re telling through their culture. About what they want to be known for.
I dreamed of strategizing with leaders to maximize and achieve their vision and goals and lead more effectively.
Now that my children are almost all grown and my husband and I are transitioning into a new stage in our lives, I’m excited about helping leaders and influencers do what I’ve done for the last twenty-two years:
Equip and empower cultures to thrive by developing the
people within their sphere of influence.
If you want to connect with those around you in a more meaningful way and desire to live your legacy with more impact in your work and relationships, you’re in the right place.
I’m on a mission to help people understand their significance, be men and women of valor, increase expectation, and live with abounding hope. To be visionary leaders, take action, and serve more people.
To guide and support you to get from where you are… to where you want to be.
I’ve slogged through my fair share of proverbial valleys. My failures can be your stepping stones.
I’m honored to pursue this dream of changing the world by building cultures of honor with you.
Thank you for joining me on this adventure of taking our leadership and impact to the next level.
This is going to be amazing.
Yours in the adventure,